Oak Hill Homes Association

Meeting Minutes

February 3, 2014

 

Date of Meeting:  02.3.14

Time:  7:00 p.m.

Location: Karen Peterson’s home

 

In Attendance:         Kevin Boetcher, President

Cindy St. John, Vice President

Karen Petersen, Treasurer

Emily VanArsdale, Secretary

Ron Durling, Architecture/Community Standards

New members:

Chris Olsen

Amy Niemann

Susan Hairgrove

Karen Hinkle

 

Attended via phone: Clare Cook, Beautification

The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Kevin Boetcher.  Motion to approve the meeting minutes from the 2013 Annual meeting was made by Emily VanArsdale and seconded by Ron Durling.  Motion carried.

 

There was brief discussion on the service of new board members and who would fill which positions/responsibilities.  Clare is transitioning out of her role with beautification and pool because she will ultimately be moving out of town.  But, until then, she is happy to do what she can while she is with us and when she is in town.

The formal slate was discussed and determined to be as follows for 2014:

Kevin Boetcher, President

Cindy St. John – Vice President

Karen Peterson – Treasurer

Emily VanArsdale – Secretary

 

Karen moved that this slate be approved.  It was seconded by Emily and the motion passed.

Committee positions also needed to be determined and after discussion amongst the members, the following positions were determined:

 

Pool: Susan Hairgrove (lead), Kevin Boetcher (backup)

Beautification: Karen Hinkle

Website/Publicity: Chris Olsen

Social: Amy Neimann and Susan Hairgrove (co)

Architecture/Community Standards: Ron Durling

Members will get together outside of the board meeting to transition files and information on new duties.

Emily moved the new committee positions be filled as discussed.  Motion was seconded by Cindy St. John and passed.

 

Dates were set for the activities and events for 2014.  Dates are as follows:

Easter Egg Hunt:  April 19th, 10:00am

Garage Sale: May 2nd and 3rd

Pool Pass distribution: May 17th and 18th

Pool Opening: Saturday, May 24th

Pool Party: June 14th

Movie Nights: TBA (dependent upon Ruben’s schedule)

Block Party: TBA (depending on football schedules) September/October

Pool Closing: September 7th (with the option of keeping it open longer if we deem necessary)

Progressive Holiday Party: December 6th

 

Budget Report – Karen

Dues payment notifications went out.  Chris mentioned the option of using PayPal in the future. He will look into it for future use.

Discussion of dues compensation/dues waiver for new members beginning the year following their service.

Several items of discussion regarding changes from the presented budget worksheet in surplus/carryover and directory updates.  Total actual expenses from 2013 are $109,779.00.  Checking contains $2,405.00, Money Market account contains $15,823.00 and Money Market II account contains $52,164.21

Karen purchased postage for the year.

 

Beautification

Emerald Ash Borer:

Chris has had a lot of experience with this, as he has experienced it where he has lived previously and had done some research on it for his job.  He knows someone who is an Urban Tree Specialist / Urban Arborist and will get in touch with him on what our next steps should be regarding common trees in the neighborhood.  We might have this person present to the board as well, and possibly invite him to speak to our neighbors in a special meeting if deemed necessary.

Lenexa can offer a special rate on new trees, if needed.

We will get bids from others offering similar services and will work on budgeting replacement vs. treatment of common area trees.

 

Architecture/Community Standards:

It was reported that the Bollingers would like to build a tree house in their back yard.  It was discussed and decided that they must follow the neighborhood by-laws.  A treehouse would be in violation of our deeds restriction as an outbuilding (detached).  Kevin will respond to Jonathan Bollinger on this matter.

Cindy and Ricky St. John are planning to do updates to the back of their house and deck area and will get all required city permits and documentation.

 

Deffenbaugh

Karen reported that there will be no yard waste pick up on MLK day.

 

Next meeting was set for March 25th at 7:00pm at Karen Peterson’s home.

 

Kevin will e-mail blast our neighbors and will introduce the new board members and the roles they are filling.  This will also be posted on our website.

 

Meeting was adjourned at 8:45pm.

 

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.