Minutes of Oak Hill Homes Association Board Meeting
January 9, 2012

Date of Meeting: 01.09.12
Time: 6:30 p.m.
Location: Karen Petersen’s House

In Attendance: Ryan Wineinger, President
.                            Karen Peterson, Treasurer
.                            Cindy St. John, Secretary
.                            Emily Vanarsdale, Social Chair

Absent: Jim Beatty, Publicity
.               Rick Williams, Webmaster
.               Debra Mollohan, Welcoming Chair
.               Ron Durling, Vice President
.               Clare Cook, Beautification

The purpose of this meeting is to discuss the 2012 Annual Meeting and to approve the budget. Ryan will send out an email an agenda to all residents about the Annual Meeting and to see if anyone would like to serve on the board.

Minutes – Cindy St. John
The minutes of the November 28, 2011 HOA Meeting were approved as written.

Beautification – Karen Petersen
Karen reported that Clare was out of town. She emailed the report.

Sprinkler System – 2011
– System over 27 years old, 3 controllers, 47 zones, 282 sprinkler heads
– The water usage was double the $3000 budgeted amount.
– Aerated and reseeded almost 2/3 the entire common area in late September.
– It was necessary to water twice a day in October and Mid-November due to extremely dry fall weather.

Landscaping – 2011
– We planted 4 new trees and reseeded along 80thand Lackman in the spring.
– We aerated and reseeded common areas around pool and along Lackman from 83rd Street to 79thStreet in late September.
– WaterOne discovered the water line along Lackman is failing and plans to replace it. They will resod the area.
– Misc. trees were trimmed throughout the season.
– Shrub roses and perennials were replaced in island at 79thand Randall.

Landscaping – 2012
– Small improvements will continue in the islands and in common areas.

Deed and Restrictions – Karen Petersen
Karen reported that Rise Strasser will discuss the goals for the Deeds and Restrictions Committee at the annual meeting. She will ask homeowners to serve on this committee.

Pool Committee – Ryan Wineinger
Issues that were addressed in 2011
– Pinnacle Pools did a good job with managing the pool. We plan to use them in 2012.
– Wristbands and pool checkers worked well.  We plan to use them in 2012.
– The pool decking was repaired.
– We replaced pool pumps. We repaired electrical and lighting problems

For 2012, we plan to repair pavers around the pool deck.

Social Committee – Emily Vanarsdale
Social activities for 2011 were:
– Easter Egg Hunt – (April) About 40 kids were in attendance
– Neighborhood Garage Sale – (May)
– Family Pool Party & Cookout – (June) About 225 people in attendance
– 4th of July Parade – (July) 35 kids participated
– Progressive Christmas Party – (December) 32 people attended

Social Activities for 2012
– We plan to have the same activities as 2011.
– Some new ideas may include: Holiday Family Event, Fall Block Party, Movies at the Pool.

Treasurer Report – Karen Petersen
Bank Accounts – Balances – As of 12/31/11
Checking                        $   4,247.96
Money Market                 $ 26,962.97
Money Market #2           $ 51,921.79
TOTAL Bank Accounts  $ 83,132.72

Website – Ryan Wineinger
The board has decided to take control of the website, domain name, etc. Ryan will email Rick Williams for passwords. Jim Beatty will the webmaster.

Welcome – Karen Petersen
We had 18 new residents. Each new resident received a $10.00 Westlake gift card and a directory.

Block Captains – It was discussed that we consider having “Block Captains” again. The block captains could distribute the directories, put fliers on mailboxes and greet the new neighbors. We have 6 or 7 people who are interested in being block captains. We will discuss it at our January Annual Board Meeting.

Trash – Ryan Wineinger
As of January 1, 2012, we no longer can put grass clippings in plastic bags. They must be paper. Each house can put 6 bags out each week. If you need more bags, you will be able to purchase stickers at Westlake Hardware.

New Business
83rd Street Speed Study

Residents who live on 83rd Street were concerned that the speed limit was changed from 25 miles per hour to 30 miles per hour. A group of residents would like the Oak Hill Board Members to go to the city about the study. The board made a decision not to contact the city. The board will support the residents if they wanted to form a committee.

Ryan contacted Amy Slater with the Lenexa City Council. She told Ryan that the City of Lenexa did a speed study from 83rd Street from Lackman to Pflumm on 10-26-11. Amy said if we desire to formally express a position in venue, anyone is welcome to come voice their position at the City Council meeting the 1st
or 3rd Tuesday of the month when there is Business from the floor.

HOA Annual Meeting
Our 2012 Annual Meeting will be at Calvary Baptist Church on Tuesday, January 17, 2012 at 6:30 p.m.

Meeting adjourned at 8:45 p.m.

Cindy St. John
Secretary

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.