Minutes of Oak Hill Homes Association Board Meeting
May 1, 2012

Date of Meeting: 05.01.12
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Karen Petersen’s House

In Attendance: Kevin Boetcher, President
.                             Craig Borgman, Vice President
.                             Karen Petersen, Treasurer
.                             Cindy St. John, Seretary
.                             Emily Van Arsdale, Social
.                             Clare Cook, Beautification
.                             Jim Beatty, Publicity/Webmaster
.                             Ron Durling, Architecture

Absent: Ryan Wineinger, Pool

Minutes – Cindy St. John
Kevin Boetcher made the motion to accept the minutes of the 04.03.12 HOA Board Meeting. Emily Van Arsdale seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as written.

Beautification – Clare Cook
The sprinkler system along Lackman from Lingle Lane to 79th St. needs extensive repairs due to the water line replacement by Water One this winter and spring. Our sprinkler contractor, Tom Fulton, felt it would be better for Water One to hire a contractor with access to large equipment to dig up and replace broken lines, valves and sprinkler heads. Dana Hudson, Water Oneproject manager, assigned the work to another company. Clare met with the supervisor and provided a layout of the system along with Tom Fulton’s number in case of questions. Once the repairs are completed, Tom Fulton will test the system and if all is ok, the dirt and sod restored.

Water One mentioned the water line from Lingle Lane to 83rd St. along Lackman would be replaced in the next few years if money is in the budget.

The sprinkler system behind the pool monument is up and working. The system behind the pool house needs lots of work. The backflow has a major leak and may need replacement. Many of the sprinkler heads along Lackman from 83rd St. to Lingle Lane need replacement or readjustment due to damage caused when the city replaced the curbing this spring. The project manager for the city met with Clare and decided they will probably have Tom Fulton do the repairs instead of contracting out the work.

Clare sent a letter to the city of Lenexa asking if they would consider resealing the parking lot at our pool. Several large cracks have developed where large equipment owned by the city’s contractors has parked over the years. The city is not receptive to the idea but Clare has not received a definitive answer.

Rod Davis, our shrub & tree maintenance contractor, removed several overgrown shrubs from the berm fronting the pool. Perennials will be added once the sprinkler problems are fixed. He refreshed the mulch in all the islands.

We have received several complaints about the overgrown lawn and weeds at a vacant house in our neighborhood. Kevin checked with the city as to what they can do. The city determined the house was in neither foreclosure nor bank owned. The city’s procedure is to locate the homeowner and give him two weeks to rectify the problem. If the lawn is not mowed, the city will do so and issue a lien against the property. However, someone from the neighborhood has been mowing the lawn at random times so when the codes enforcer drives by the property, the process has to start all over again.

Kevin proposed contacting Mike McGroder who maintains the HOA’s common area and have him mow it weekly. We would issue a lien for the amount spent over the summer to recoup the cost. All members agree to the plan, Clare will get in touch with Mike McGroder.

Pool Committee – Kevin Boetcher
Craig Borgman has received the pool bands. The Schneider’s will close the pool again this year. They will be responsible for pool parties. Ryan has checked with Lora at Pinnacle Pools and the pool will be ready to open on May 19. Jim Beatty will send out an email blast along with the 2012 Pool Rules and Regulations. In order to get the pool bands, each homeowner must complete the form and check that their information in the directory is correct. They will then be given the code to unlock the gate.

Pool Band Distributors

Saturday, May 19
9:00 am – Noon: Craig & Kevin
Noon – 3:00 pm: Jim & Ron
3:00 pm to 6:00 pm: Clare & Barb Beatty

Sunday, May 20
9:00 am – Noon:  Emily & Ron
Noon – 3:00 pm: Karen & Jim
3:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Clare & Cindy

Social Committee – Emily Van Arsdale
Garage Sales – May 4 & 5 Signs are put around the neighborhood. An ad will be in the KC Star and Craigslist.
Family Pool Party – June 2 from 5:00 – 7:00 p.m. We plan to have a fire truck, garbage truck and a bounce house. Emily will get bids for the food.
Movie Night at the Pool – We would like to have a Movie Night at the pool this summer. Craig volunteered to coordinate this event.
Block Party – We would like to have a Block Party this fall. Craig volunteered to coordinate this event.

Treasurer Report – Karen Petersen
Dues Notices were mailed on February 3, 2012.  Mailed 2nd Dues Notice on March 15, 2012

We have 8 homeowners who have not paid dues. Kevin, Ron and Craig will contact the homeowners who have not paid. Deffenbaugh will be contacted this week so they can stop picking up their trash. These homeowners will not be able to pick up their pool bands until dues are paid in full.

Directory – We will ask companies to place ads in our neighborhood directory. We will have the homeowners update their information in the directory when they pick up the pool bands.

Account Balances – As of 05.01.12

ASSETS

Cash and Bank Accounts

Checking                                                         $      3,084.36

Money Market                                                $ 107,885.59

Money Market2                                             $ 51,996.89

TOTAL Bank Accounts                                 $   162,936.84

TOTAL ASSETS                                            $   162,936.84

LIABILITIES                                                                                 0

OVERALL TOTAL                                       $   162,936.84

Website/Publicity – Jim Beatty
We should have a HOA Site Administrator. This person would be responsible for the site and mailing list backups and restoration, if
needed. They would also take care of the site management software tool revisions. (We have one pending now.)  They would also be in charge of making changes to the site – e.g. board meeting minutes, social events.  Jim will contact Christina, who built our website to see what her cost would be.

Karen asked the board about the new house bill regarding Homes Associations as to what we can legally do. Kevin will research the house bill and report back to the board at our next meeting.

New Business – Kevin Boetcher
Block Captains – We would like to start a “Block Captain” program. We would like to have volunteers from each street. They could distribute directories, put flyers on mailboxes and greet new neighbors. Craig will contact Tony Pethren to see if he will coordinate this.

The next HOA Board Meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, June 12 at 7:00 p.m. at Karen Petersen’s house.

Meeting adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Cindy St. John
Secretary

Contact Us

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Not readable? Change text.