Date of Meeting: Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Location: Calvary Baptist Church
8130 Lackman Road
The meeting was called to order by President, Rise Strasser. Twenty nine homeowners attended representing 23 households out of 310 in the subdivision. Rise introduced the officers and directors in attendance. Minutes of the 2008 annual meeting were read by the Secretary, Clare Cook. Rise noted there were three open director positions – pool, social and beautification. (At the end of the meeting Ryan Wineinger volunteered to chair the pool position again and Clare volunteered to chair the beautification position again.) Power Point slides of 2008 activity and plans for 2009 were used for discussion of issues. These included:
Declaration & Restriction Revision – Rise Strasser
· Rise discussed problems encountered by the Deeds & Restriction committee in trying to consolidate and update the restrictions in place since the subdivision was incorporated almost 25 years ago. There are 18 different versions filed with the County Registrar created as new plats were added to the subdivision. Unfortunately, the problems could not be resolved and voted on within the time frame to change the documents (November 1, 2008). The next date for changes to the documents is year 2013. Rise submitted a time line for a Five-Year Plan to complete the project.
Social Activities – Beth Bryant-Corredor
· Easter Egg Hunt was not held in 2008 due to nobody volunteering to chair the event.
· Neighborhood garage sale held Saturday, May 2, 2008. Around 30 homeowners participated.
· Family pool party held on Saturday, June 6th had over 125 in attendance. Fire truck and ambulance tours were given. Firemen sprayed a hose attached to a hydrant on participants in park across from the pool. An inflatable was rented. Back Yard Burgers provided the burgers, hot dogs and chips. Homeowners supplied the side dishes and desserts. Lots of feedback at the meeting about enjoying this event, especially having the firemen spray kids with the fire hose.
· Bus trip to the Cross Roads Art District on Friday, September 5th. Twenty five homeowners attended. Beth noted we may need to revisit hosting this event in the future as it doesn’t seem to promote getting to know your neighbors since couples departing from the bus tend to go their separate ways.
· Holiday Progressive Party held on Saturday, December 5th. Forty six people attended.
· Beth requested feedback from members at the meeting on other events they would like to attend. Interest was shown in starting a supper club meeting at each other’s homes or a different restaurant each month.
Publicity – Jim Beatty & Rick Williams
· Newsletters – Jim Beatty. Our goal of newsletter distribution all electronic by 2010 is on track with almost half of homeowners signed up for e-mail distribution.
· New Home Owners directory will be distributed mid-summer.
· Website – Rick Williams. Rick asked for suggestions on website content. Interest shown in a classified section, somewhat like Craigslist. Encouraged homeowners to log onto our web site – www.oakhillhomes.org for updated information and news of the area.
Welcoming Committee – Rise Strasser
· Rise encouraged attendees to start up a welcome committee and elect a chairman as this position has not been filled for several years.
· Homeowners can attend board meetings by calling any board member to find out the date and location of the next meeting. Seven or eight meetings are usually held per year.
Architecture Updates – Bob Zurcher
· Bob reminded everyone they need to check with the architectural committee prior to making changes to their homes exterior per the homeowner’s association rules. Areas of concern brought before the board last year were fences, basketball courts, house extension and vinyl siding.
Beautification Activities – Clare Cook
· Sprinkler system is over 20 years old. There are three controllers, 47 zones and 282 sprinkler heads. Water usage of $1750 was almost half the usage of 2007 due to rainy summer and manual control of systems.
· Tree removal and trimming completed in February 2008. Island at 83rd & Lackman completely re-landscaped summer of 2008. Misc. replacement of roses and shrubs were done as needed.
· Maintenance contract was signed to fertilize, prune and weed all 16 islands in subdivision.
· Monument light at 83rd & Lackman was repaired.
Pool Committee – Ryan Wineinger
· Sand filters were cleaned. Both pools were re-caulked. A new pool cover was purchased.
· Issues to be addressed in 2009 were:
Pool cleanliness, new pool management company – Pinnacle Pools, changing drain covers, safety vacuum release system mandate, fixing wood rot and painting of pool house, pillars and entrance cabana, purchasing new baby pool cover, and addressing discoloration on pool furniture. Wrist band identification will be implemented in 2009.
· Requested volunteers to close and lock pool at night.
Election of Open Board of Directors Position – Rise Strasser
· Rise noted three positions were open: social, pool and beautification. There were no volunteers for any of the position so Ryan agreed to chair the pool again, Clare agreed to chair beautification again and the social chair was not filled.
Treasurer Report – Karen Petersen
· Karen reviewed the 2008 budget and the 2009 proposed budget. Rick Williams motioned to accept the 2009 proposed budget Jon Schnieders seconded it and all present ratified it.
· Karen reported trouble collecting unpaid dues. She reiterated that unpaid dues result in stopping trash pickup, no admittance to the swimming pool and finally a lien against the homeowner filed with the court. A $5.00 late fee per month is also accessed.
· A limited audit was performed for year 2007. No problems were discovered. Record keeping was excellent.
The following Officers, Directors and committee heads agreed to serve for another year:
President – Rise Strasser *
Vice-President – TBA *
Secretary – Clare Cook *
Treasurer – Karen Petersen*
Architectural Committee – Bob Zurcher
Beautification Committee – Clare Cook
Social Committee – TBA *
Publicity & Welcoming Committee – Board Members
(* voting director position)
The meeting was adjourned at 9:00 p.m.
Clare Cook, Secretary